In the event of discrepancy between the English version and the Japanese version of the Terms, the Japanese-language version shall prevail.
Amended on November 24, 2017.
Article 1 These regulations govern the use of the supercomputer system (hereinafter referred to as the “computer system”) managed and operated by the Human Genome Center, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo (hereinafter referred to as the “Center”).
(Purpose of use)
Article 2 The purpose of the use of the computer system is to promote the promotion of the life science field through genome research and to improve the health and medical care of the people and to provide education.
Article 3 The persons qualified to use the computer system shall be those listed in the following items
- Staff and students of graduate schools, universities, colleges of technology, and inter-university institutions.
- Those who belong to an independent administrative agency under the jurisdiction of a central ministry, such as the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, and who are engaged in research exclusively.
- Those who belong to an organization under the jurisdiction of the national or local government for the purpose of academic research and are engaged in research exclusively.
- Those who belong to an organization for the purpose of academic research that is approved by the Director of the Human Genome Analysis Center of the Institute of Medical Science of the University of Tokyo (hereinafter referred to as “Director”) and who are engaged in research exclusively.
- Those who have received a scientific research grant or other grant to conduct academic research.
- A person who participates in joint research as a research subcontractor under a contract with the organization to which the person falls under items (1) to (5) belongs and engages in research exclusively.
- A person who belongs to a private company or other legal entity and who has been approved for use by the director of the center or the committee under Article 5 after a review based on the review rules.
- In addition to the persons listed in the preceding items, persons approved by the director of the center.
(Application for use)
Article 4 A person wishing to use the computer system shall make a prescribed application to the Director of the Center for its use.
2 The Director of the Center may suspend the acceptance of an application for use according to the status of the application.
(Approval of use)
Article 5 When an application for use as stated in the preceding Article is accepted and the Director of the Center approves its use, the Center shall approve the application, and the approved person (hereinafter referred to as the “User”) shall be deemed to be the User. A “Notice of User Registration” shall be issued with an account (user ID and password) to the user (i.e., the user’s ID and password).
2 The Director of the Center may delegate all tasks related to the use of the computer system to a computer system steering committee composed of persons appointed by the Director of the Center.
Article 6 The validity period of the account in the preceding Article shall be within one (1) year from the month of application for use.
(Diversion of accounts is prohibited)
Article 7 The user shall properly manage the account and strive to prevent unauthorized use.
2 The user shall not use the account for any purpose other than the purpose of use stipulated in Article 2, or allow a third party to use the account.
(Obligations of the user)
Article 8 The user must comply with these regulations when using the computer system.
Article 9 Deleted.
(Cancellation of approval for use, etc.)
Article 10 If the Director of the Center determines that the operation of the calculation system is likely to be hindered, the Director may instruct the user to improve the method of use.
2 If the user or principal investigator does not follow the instructions in the preceding paragraph, or falls under any of the following items, the Director of the Center may revoke the approval for the use of the computer system or suspend the use of the computer system
- When the computer system is used for purposes other than those stipulated in Article 2.
- When you lose your eligibility for use under Article 3.
- When the User Fee prescribed in Article 12, paragraphs 1 and 2 is not paid
(Submission of reports, etc.)
Article 11 The Director of the Center may request the user to report the results or progress of the use of the computer system. The user shall report to the Director of the Center when requested to do so.
2 When a user publishes the results of research, etc. using the computer system in an article, etc., the user must clearly state in the article, etc. that the user has used the Center.
3 The report shall, in principle, be open to the public and may be used for publicity of the Center. However, at the request of the user, the publication may be extended for a maximum of two years.
4 A user who has been specifically approved by the Director of the Center may enter into a confidentiality agreement and be exempted from some or all of paragraphs 1 to 3.
5 The Center shall strictly handle any confidential research, technical, or other information that comes to its attention when reporting the use of the computer system, and shall not use it for any purpose other than for the operation of the Center, without obtaining prior written consent.
(Fee of use)
Article 12 If an application for the use of the computer system is approved in accordance with Article 5, the amount of the burden of use specified separately must be paid by the accountant as specified in the following article. However, the Center may exempt all or part of the usage fee if the Director of the Center approves.
2 Payment of the usage contributions prescribed in the preceding paragraph shall be made by transfer based on internal transactions at the University of Tokyo or by transfer to a designated account by the date specified in the invoice issued by the University of Tokyo.
3 In principle, the usage fee paid in accordance with the preceding paragraph shall not be refunded.
Article 13 The User must notify the Director of the Center of the person responsible for the general management of the User’s research (hereinafter referred to as the “Principal Investigator”) at the time of application for use.
2 The center will treat the user’s data as the property of the principal investigator.
(Person Responsible for Accounting)
Article 14 In the event that the Depositor is unable to pay the usage fee, the Depositor shall notify the Director of the Center of the person responsible for the payment of the usage fee (hereinafter referred to as the “Person Responsible for Accounting”) at the time of application for use.
Article 15 The Center will make every effort to provide the computer system to Users in a stable manner, but the Center shall not be held responsible or liable for any damages incurred by Users as a result of using the computer system or for any other damages related to the computer system.
(Restrictions on use)
Article 16 The Center may shut down the computer system without notice to the user.
2 The Center may take the following actions without notice for the purpose of stable operation of the computer system.
- Suspend your account if you suspect that a third party is using your account.
- Suspend or stop a process when it is running that is likely to overload the computer system.
- Other measures to maintain the stable operation of the computer system.
(User data management)
Article 17 The user shall be responsible for the management of the user’s data listed in the following items.
- Managing data access rights
- Data Backup
(Note on research requiring ethical review)
Article 18 In the case of storing or analyzing research data that requires ethical review on the computer system, the user must place the data on the computer system and obtain the approval of the designated ethics review committee of the institution to which the user belongs for storing or analyzing the data on the computer system.
(Installation and use of software)
Article 19 The user shall comply with the license terms of the software when installing and using the software.
1 These regulations shall come into effect as of October 21, 2010 and shall apply as of November 24, 2016.
|November 24, 2016
|Article 13 (Principal Investigator) is added.